Unicult2020 is the International Arts & Culture Management and Policy Programme held at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - University of Rijeka. It is in conformity with Bologna Process higher education standards and the European cultural management and cultural policy educational standards.
The program is planned in order to increase participant's knowledge and skills on cultural policy and cultural management and to emphasize the importance of cultivating creative capital by acting as a bridge between education and the community.
Unicult2020 program's structure consists of two parts: theoretical and practical, over the course of two weeks between July 4th and July 17th of 2016 (112 hours in total). The main focus of 2016 edition will be on Financing the Arts and Culture.
- • to enhance the participant's critical skills in cultural policy, programming and organization
- • to emphasize the importance of cultivating creative capital by linking the education with the community
- • to increase the intercultural competence of emerging cultural operators and guiding them to undertake international actions.
Unicult2020 is coordinated by a partnership between academics, cultural operators and local authorities. The program is designed by Daniela Urem in consultation with Chris Torch (Intercult/Sweden).
Unicult2020 Alumni Advisory Board includes representatives of participants from each edition with the aim to add value to the development of the programme: Daniela Skandul (Croatia), Preeti Gaonkar (India), Sofija Drecun (Serbia).
Who should attend?
- - Academics
- - Researchers
- - Undergraduate students
- - Masters and PhD students
- - Cultural operators and professionals
- - Representatives from international organizations and Institutes of Culture
- - Anyone interested in this topic
- - Build their knowledge and skills on cultural policy and intercultural dialogue
- - Develop a critical understanding of the diverse and changing relationships between culture and international politics
- - Experience diverse opportunities to engage with current key policy and practitioner concerns
- - Receive a body of work and experiences that can be used to deepen their knowledge
- - Internationalize their career and develop their professional network in Europe
- - Gain access to a rich bibliography on Culture in External Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
Download the Unicult2020 Application Form.
The deadline to apply for the program is June 20th 2016. Only complete, English-written applications will be considered.
For all questions, please contact us by telephone (+385.91.922.1422) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com